Media information for supporters
The media is a vital tool for creating awareness about what we do at The Brain Tumour Charity. We can give you lots of advice about getting a story in the media.
Why do we need publicity?
Gaining publicity in the media is invaluable and its should not be underestimated for raising the profile of both your fundraising and The Brain Tumour Charity. Local media is extremely influential and although you might not think it, it is estimated that 9 out of 10 adults read their local newspaper. People are generally very interested to know what is going on in their local area and will look out for compelling stories and local events.
Raising the profile of The Brain Tumour Charity in the media will mean:
- Greater awareness of The Charity and what we can do
- Increase of potential supporters and donors
- Local businesses will be more inclined to support our work
- An awareness of the impacts and affects of brain tumours
- Understanding of the need for more research into this area
- More community relationships can be built and expanded on
- Local people may choose to support your fundraising either through offers of support or donations
We can help you get publicity
For advice, hints and tips about getting publicity, download our Media Guide.
You can also download our press release templates - pre-event and post-event.
For more information call our comms team on 01252 749990 or email email@example.com