Our first Teen Day will be at Pizza Express Guildford, where you’ll get to spend time with others who understand and learn how to make pizzas before enjoying the tasty results!
Our Teen Days are new for 2020 and are meet ups dedicated to people aged 13-17 who are living with a brain tumour and any siblings also aged 13-17. These days are completely free to attend but please make sure you book your space in advance so we know who to expect.
When and where is the event being held?
2 May 2020 from 11.45am - 4.00pm at Pizza Express, Cavendish House, High Street, Guildford, GU1 3BJ.
PLEASE NOTE: Sat Navs have often been known to lead people to the wrong location so please double check before heading off.
Please make sure you book your space in advance, so we know you'll be joining us. If you have any questions, or would like help to arrange travel, please contact the Children and Families Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect
We know that your teenage years can be a challenging time and it’s safe to say that living with a brain tumour doesn’t make this any easier. As well as being lots of fun, these events have been designed to help teenagers feel better supported and able to cope with the challenges they’re facing.
The day will be led by our Young Ambassadors, who are young adults affected by a brain tumour diagnosis, and along with members of The Brain Tumour Charity will be on hand to chat and answer your questions.
Please, try not to worry about…
- Money. The day is free to attend and lunch will be provided free of charge.
- Not making friends. We guarantee you will, everyone is in a similar boat and understands your situation so you’re sure to make friends. Plus, our friendly team are there to help too.
- Fatigue. You’ll be surrounded by people who understand and if there’s anything you don’t want to do, or if you just want some time to relax, that's 100% okay!
- Not being good at making pizza. This is a relaxed space of supportive peers where it’s the taking part and having fun that counts.
- Coming alone. You’re welcome to bring any siblings who are also aged 13-17, however, you’re sure to meet lots of people so don’t worry if you do come alone; you soon won’t be!