Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge 2023
Take on this iconic UK challenge in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales and summit Yorkshire’s three highest peaks in one day.
This exciting and rewarding challenge will have you trekking over the famous Yorkshire Three Peaks within a period of just 12 hours, accomplishing an ascent of 1,532m, higher than the UK’s largest mountain. Take in the wonderful scenery of Yorkshire Dales National Park with this 38km trek – and with three hills!
These peaks form part of the Pennine range, and encircle the head of the valley of the River Ribble in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The route is extremely scenic and provides spectacular views over the Yorkshire countryside.
While it lasts just one day, this challenge should not be taken lightly as the terrain is extremely varied involving some steep ascents and descents. Participants can expect to cover almost a marathon distance by foot – but in just a matter of hours.
Be part of the team in 2023 and we’ll support you as you help us pick up the pace to a cure!
Important information from the event organiser
MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP OPTION
You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £65.00 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £305.00 for your nominated charity. You should send your sponsorship money to your nominated charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£244.00) must be sent to the charity 11 weeks before departure (by 03/03/2023), and the remaining 20% (£61.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 17/06/2023). If you have raised the necessary funds, your nominated charity will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.
SELF FUNDER OPTION
The full cost of this challenge is £214.00. You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £65.00 at the time of booking, and 9 weeks before departure (17/03/2023) you will be required to pay the final balance of your challenge costs (£149.00). You will receive fundraising advice and sponsorship forms and be asked to raise as much as you can for your nominated charity. As you have covered the full cost of the challenge, 100% of this fundraising will be retained by your nominated charity.
This event is organised by Charity Challenge
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the events team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01252 237867.
When: 19th – 20th May 2023
Where: Yorkshire Dales
Charity places – registration fee and sponsorship:
- Minimum Sponsorship – £65 reg fee + £305 minimum fundraising
- Self Funding – £65 reg fee + £149 second payment
You’ll receive support from the Events Team including:
- email updates
- links to our fundraising resources
- a t-shirt to wear for the event
- access to a Facebook group for our challengers