Young Adults Leeds Meet Up – cancelled
If you’re aged 16-30 and living with, or beyond, a brain tumour diagnosis, join us on Saturday 21 March for some friendly chats and the chance to meet some new faces.
Speed chat – make 20 new friends in 3 minute rounds! It’s a way to get to know new people, spark conversations and have fun. Worried about what you’d talk about? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered, there’ll be lots of prompts and fun questions to get you going.
Please book your place below – we like to know who to expect and wouldn’t want anyone to miss out.
Young Adults Events and COVID-19
Due to the current situation with the coronavirus COVID-19 and uncertainty of future government advice around travel and public meetings we are reviewing our upcoming Young Adults Events.
Our decision to cancel any upcoming events hasn’t been taken lightly, we know how much you enjoy these opportunities to get together (as do we!) but we felt it was the right decision to take a precautionary approach and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
We are so sorry that we won’t get to see you all as planned but we are exploring possible alternative options to get together digitally, for example an online video chat. We will keep this page updated with any further details on these plans.
Thank you for your understanding, if you have any questions or if there’s anything else we can help with please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
What should I expect?
Whether you’ve been to one of our meets ups before or whether you’re a plus one or a newbie, everyone is welcome! We’re an informal and friendly bunch (promise) and our meet ups are a safe space to get to know new people with similar experiences.
If you’d like to bring a plus one with you, please do – this can be a family member, a friend or a partner.
Where are we meeting?
Malmaison, 1 Swinegate, Leeds LS1 4AG at 11.00am
Malmaison is approximately a five-minute walk from Leeds train station.
If you’re travelling by car, Meadow Lane car park is a three-minute walk away from Malmaison and the charge for up to five hours is £5.00.
Please, try not to worry about…
- Money. The day is free to attend and lunch will be provided free of charge.
- Not making friends. We guarantee you will, everyone is in a similar boat and understands your situation so you’re sure to make friends. Plus, our friendly team are there to help too.
- Fatigue. You’ll be surrounded by people who understand and if there’s anything you don’t want to do, or if you just want some time to relax, that’s 100% okay!
- Not being good at the activity. This is a relaxed space of supportive peers where it’s not the winning but the taking part (and having fun) that counts.
- Coming alone. You’re welcome to bring a plus-one, however, you’re sure to meet lots of people so don’t worry if you do come alone; you soon won’t be!
Please note: All attendees including plus ones must be aged 16 and above. This is due to age restrictions being in place for some venues and activities.
Join our Young Adults community
Our online support community is a great place to connect with other young adults who’re affected by a brain tumour and share your experiences.