"Optic Discs - Papilloedeama" webinar
This webinar will be presented in conjunction with Bolton LOC.
Accurately recognising papilloedeama during routine eye exams is a vital for the early diagnosis of brian tumours in some patients.
In this webinar we discuss how optical professionals can better recognise papilloedeama, share tips on how to distinguish papilloedeama from pseudopapilloedema and provide advice on non-referral management strategies for patients presenting with papilloedeama.
Date: Tuesday 19 October 2021
Time: 7.00pm GMT
Duration: 1 hour
Overview of the webinar
- classification & incidence of papilloedema
- signs & symptoms of papilloedema
- classification of pseudopapilloedema
- signs & symptoms of pseudopapilloedema
- differential diagnoses of both conditions
- non-referral management strategies
- clinical pearls & key takeaways to take back into your practice
- Q&A session.
- Lorcan Butler (BSc (Hons) MCOptom, Prof Cert Paed Eye Care, Optical Engagement Manager for The Brain Tumour Charity)
About the speaker
Lorcan Butler is Optical Engagement Manager at The Brain Tumour Charity, having previously trained as both a Dispensing Optician and an Optometrist. He is a member of the College of Optometrists Council and the Optometry Northern Ireland Council. Lorcan worked with Vision Express as a Pre-Registration Supervising Optometrist for 13 years and helped implement their nationwide Pre-Registration training programme. Lorcan is a keen advocate of Continuing Education Training & professional development and has hosted this webinar for Optometrists in Scotland, Wales, Ireland & England.
I’ve had several delegates thanking the EYLOC for such an excellent and relevant lecture, slick and well presented. I have invited my optometrist contacts many times with offers of lectures, and this one has attracted the largest audience by far. I would have no hesitation in recommending this lecture to other LOCs.
To get the most out of this webinar, please note the following points:
- All participants will be muted on entry
- Please do not connect your video
- We welcome your questions for the speaker at any time using the chat facility. The moderator will leave all the questions until the very end for the Q&A session.
- You must change the name of your electronic device to your Name & GOC Number so you can be accredited your CET points by the GOC.
- A feedback survey will be sent after the webinar which will help us continue to improve theses webinars going forward and offer the opportunity to suggest topics for future webinars.
- Please don’t share your personal information (for example your phone number) during the webinar
If you’ve any questions, please contact our Optical Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.