“Optic Discs – Papilloedeama” webinar
This webinar will be presented in conjunction with Local Optical Committees England.
Accurately recognising papilloedeama during routine eye exams is a vital for the early diagnosis of brian tumours in some patients.
In this webinar we discuss how optical professionals can better recognise papilloedeama, share tips on how to distinguish papilloedeama from pseudopapilloedema and provide advice on non-referral management strategies for patients presenting with papilloedeama.
Date: 14th June 2022
Time: 7.00pm GMT
Duration: 1 hour
Overview of the webinar
- classification & incidence of papilloedema
- signs & symptoms of papilloedema
- classification of pseudopapilloedema
- signs & symptoms of pseudopapilloedema
- differential diagnoses of both conditions
- non-referral management strategies
- clinical pearls & key takeaways to take back into your practice
- Q&A session.
- Lorcan Butler (BSc (Hons) MCOptom, Prof Cert Paed Eye Care, Optical Engagement Manager for The Brain Tumour Charity)
About the speaker
Lorcan Butler is Optical Engagement Manager at The Brain Tumour Charity, having previously trained as both a Dispensing Optician and an Optometrist. Lorcan worked with Vision Express as a Pre-Registration Supervising Optometrist for 13 years and helped implement their nationwide Pre-Registration training programme. Lorcan is a keen advocate of Continuing Education, Training & Professional Development and has hosted this webinar for Optometrists in Scotland, Wales, Ireland & England.
The webinar is free to join and will be held using Zoom. Help on how to use Zoom can be found here.
To get the most out of this webinar, please note the following points:
- All participants will be muted on entry
- Please do not connect your video
- We welcome your questions for the speaker at any time using the chat facility. The moderator will leave all the questions until the very end for the Q&A session.
- You must change the name of your electronic device to your Name & GOC Number so you can be accredited your CET points by the GOC.
- Please don’t share your personal information (for example your phone number) during the webinar
If you’ve any questions, please contact our Optical Engagement Manager at email@example.com.
Support and Information Services
Research & Clinical Trials Information
You can also join our active online community.