We are honoured to have been recognised by these awarding bodies and are proud to celebrate the success of The Charity, our HeadSmart campaign and our supporters.
The awards won demonstrate the outstanding commitment of our community to defeat brain tumours. The Charity’s successes are shared with our united community and incredible supporters.
The Charity’s awards
- Marketing Partnership of the Year – winner – The Brain Tumour Charity and Salesforce.org – Third Sector Business Charity Awards 2022
- Volunteer Team of the Year – highly commended – Young Ambassadors – Third Sector Awards 2020
- Culture Pioneer Award – winner – HRZone Culture Pioneer Awards 2020
- Best Charities to work for – Top 15 listing – Third Sector ‘Best Charities to work for survey 2020’
- Workplace Culture Award – shortlisted – Perkboxs Workplace Culture Awards 2019
- Charity of the Year – winner – Third Sector Awards 2018
- Annual Report – winner – Third Sector Awards 2018
- Employment resources – commended – BMA (British Medical Association) Patient Information Awards 2019
- Education resources – highly commended – BMA (British Medical Association) Patient Information Awards 2018
- (Excellence award) Annual report – winner – Third Sector Awards 2016
- (Talent award) Charity chief executive – highly commended: Sarah Lindsell – Third Sector Awards 2016
- Charity Partnership (Telecoms & Technology) – winner: The Brain Tumour Charity and Bluecube Technology Solutions – Third Sector Business Charity Awards 2016
- Charity Partnership – Winner: The Brain Tumour Charity and partners: HeadSmart – Third Sector Excellence Awards 2013
Awards our community has won
- Clare Normand – awarded the OBE – Queen’s New Year’s Honours 2021
- Sacha Langton-Gilks – winner –Volunteer of the Year at the Third Sector Awards 2014
- Paul Nicholson – winner – Healthcare Volunteer of the Year at the Charity Staff and Volunteer Awards 2016
- Amelia Gebruers – winner – Lidl Young Fundraiser of the Year at The Mirror’s Pride of Britain Awards 2016
- Angela Conway who runs The Brain Tumour Warrior Fund won Individual Charity Supporter of The Year at The North East Charity Awards 2016
- Danielle McGriskin – Points of Light award 2015.
- Angela Conway – North East Charity Awards, Individual Charity Supporter, 2016
- National Lottery Awards Best Health Project 2017
- AMRC Science Communications Award 2014 Campaigning and influencing
- NHS Innovation Award 2013
- Third Sector Excellence Awards 2013: Charity Partnership – Winner: The Brain Tumour Charity and partners: HeadSmart
- Charity Times Award – The Brain Tumour Charity/The University of Nottingham/The RCPCH/The Health Foundation – winner – Cross sector Partnership of the Year Charity Times Awards 2013
- QiC Excellence in Oncology Award Cancer charity initiative of the year 2013
In this section
We’re raising the benchmark
We’ve been recognised as Charity of the Year 2018 for our pioneering approach, innovative research solutions and, above all, our community-centred approach to everything we do.