Young Adults Meet Up Southampton
If you’re aged 16-30 and living with, or beyond, a brain tumour diagnosis, join us on Saturday 22 February for a puzzling but chilled day in Southampton from 11.40am-3.30pm.
Please arrive promptly at Locked in a Room at 11:40 and after a successful escape we will head over to Zizzi for some food around 1.30pm. We will need pre-orders for the lunch, but we will get in touch soon so you can choose what you would like.
Please book your place below – we like to know who to expect and wouldn’t want anyone to miss out.
Book your space for our Southampton Meet Up
Join us on February 22 for a puzzling escape room and some pizza!
What should I expect?
Everyone is welcome, whether you’ve escaped a room before or not and whether you’re a plus one or a newbie. We’re an informal and friendly bunch (promise) and our meet ups are a safe space to get to know new people with similar experiences.
If you’d like to bring a plus one with you, please do – this can be a family member, a friend or a partner.
Where are we meeting?
Locked In A Room, Unit 11c, Portland Terrace, West Quay Shopping Centre, Southampton SO15 1QD.
Locked in a Room is not inside the West Quay shopping centre but can be found underneath the walkway on Portland Terrace, a 11 minute walk from Southampton Central train station. Look out for a black door with a wheel and their logo on.
If you are travelling by car, there are several car parks a short walk away from the venue. If you park at the Marlands/Asda car park, which is a 8 minute walk, the charge for up to 5 Hours is £4.00.
Please, try not to worry about…
- Money. The day is free to attend and lunch will be provided free of charge.
- Not making friends. We guarantee you will, everyone is in a similar boat and understands your situation so you’re sure to make friends. Plus, our friendly team are there to help too.
- Fatigue. You’ll be surrounded by people who understand and if there’s anything you don’t want to do, or if you just want some time to relax, that’s 100% okay!
- Not being good at escape rooms. This is a relaxed space of supportive peers where it’s not the winning but the taking part (and having fun) that counts.
- Coming alone. You’re welcome to bring a plus-one, however, you’re sure to meet lots of people so don’t worry if you do come alone; you soon won’t be!
Please make sure you book your space in advance, so we know you’ll be joining us. If you have any questions, or would like help to arrange travel, please contact the Young Adults Team on YAS@thebraintumourcharity.org
When: Saturday 22 February 2020
Time: 11.40am – 3.30pm
Where: Locked in a Room, Southampton
Join our Young Adults community
Our online support community is a great place to connect with other young adults who’re affected by a brain tumour and share your experiences.