Keep up to date with our latest news on brain tumours, including charity updates, blog posts and research developments
15 April 2021
The Brian Cross Memorial Trust will fund 'Future Leader’ Dr Spencer Watson’s three year glioblastoma brain tumour research.
02 March 2021
New ‘Tessa Jowell Centre of Excellence’ status recognises delivery of outstanding care and treatment by NHS staff in their efforts to provide above excellent patient care through a difficult time
28 Feb. 2021
The Brain Tumour Charity responds to trial suggesting cannabis-based drug could be combined with chemotherapy in recurrent glioblastomas
05 Feb. 2021
We are calling on the Prime Minister to protect charity funded research - and we need your help!
09 Dec. 2020
Researchers in Newcastle recently shared their research on predicting relapse of medulloblastoma, the most common high-grade brain tumour in children.
05 Nov. 2020
Our researchers from The Everest Centre have new results that show the drug trametinib can stop tumour growth in some children with low grade brain tumours, in some cases the ...
21 Sept. 2020
Artificial intelligence (AI) may be the key to fast and consistent renal cell tumour diagnoses, all because of work we fund on brain tumours.
06 Aug. 2020
A new publication from one of our research projects shines a light on the differences between the cells in the middle/core of a glioblastoma (GBM) compared to the cells spreading/infiltrating ...
10 July 2020
Dr Gelareh Zadeh is leading research in Canada which will help predict the risk of meningioma regrowth.
06 July 2020
Many things are uncertain right now, but our commitment to research isn’t one of them.
02 July 2020
The Brain Tumour Charity is curating and facilitating a series of 60-minute webinars for researchers. The webinars feature experts in the brain tumour field speaking on a wide range of ...
25 June 2020
Researchers are pioneering a promising use of focused ultrasound against glioblastoma, an aggressive brain tumour.
23 June 2020
Researchers have developed a new ‘liquid biopsy’ blood test to diagnose brain tumours, which could reduce the need for invasive procedures.
22 June 2020
The human genome contains nearly 22,000 genes and various studies have explored the nearly 2% of DNA that creates proteins. Far less is known about the remaining 98% of DNA ...
19 June 2020
A new machine learning approach can classify gliomas, a common type of brain tumour, into low or high grades with almost 98% accuracy, researchers report in the journal IEEE Access.
10 June 2020
Australia is joining the clinical trial to test a new treatment in children with brain cancer. The trial will be led by Sydney Children’s Hospital.
03 June 2020
Researcher Todd Hankinson and his team at Children’s Hospital Colorado have studied biological differences between paediatric and adult ACP tumours
29 May 2020
COVID-19 has dramatically transformed the research landscape for our community but we remain driven to accelerate new treatments.