We’re delighted to have the support of Relec Electronics, who have chosen The Brain Tumour Charity as their charity of the year.
As well as raising vital awareness through their website and social media channels, the team have thrown their support behind Sales Director, John Stone, who is taking on the mammoth challenge of cycling 1100 miles from John O’Groats to Land’s End with his partner, Lesley, with the aim of raising £10,000 for our work.
Peter Lappin, Managing Director of Relec, explained why they chose to support The Charity:
“When a company nails its colours to a charity, it’s our responsibility to ensure we work with the right charity for the right reasons.
“Cancer research in general is well publicised but research into brain tumours is woefully underfunded, despite being the biggest cancer killer of adults and children under 40 years of age. We want to do our bit to help The Brain Tumour Charity change this.
“The Brain Tumour Charity is a driven and pioneering charity that’s determined to make a difference, which they are doing. A huge 80% of funds raised goes towards their charitable aims, with the remaining 20% efficiently used to raise greater awareness and more funding for the future. It’s an impressive figure and we’re thrilled to be working in partnership”.
The Relec team has had extremely generous support from their clients and customers, and we’d like to thank UniPower, Excelsys, Futurelabs, Bel Power, Ideology, Edac, Mornsun, Digiwise, Premium and DB Schenker for their sponsorship and donations
You can support John, Lesley and the Relec team by visiting their JustGiving page.