Creating a Will can feel daunting. We'll help you through the process - and with our free and discounted Will writing services, we'll make sure cost is never an issue.Request our free guide
How to a leave a gift in your Will
Making a Will is one of the things that many of us put off. But it's an important step in ensuring the people and causes you care about are looked after. And with our free and discounted Will writing services, it doesn't have to cost a penny!
Whether you're creating your first Will or looking to update or amend an existing one, leaving a gift is simple – just follow these four steps.
You can choose to dedicate your gift, or leave a gift in your Will, as a tribute to a loved one or one of amazing our Supporter Groups. Your Will writing professional can help you chose the right wording for this.
Any gift left to a Supporter Group will be invested into the area of our work that they support, such as paediatric high grade brain tumours, and will ensure that they can continue to help us speed up the life-saving breakthroughs that are so urgently needed.
Dedicating a gift in your Will offers a special tribute while helping us accelerate a cure. We promise to celebrate the lives of those who inspire us every day.
You don’t need to tell us how much you plan to leave, but we’d love to be able to say thank you! If you’d like to let us know about your gift, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will writing services
We're pleased to offer free and discounted Will writing services to our supporters. If you're thinking of including a gift to us, thank you. We promise to look after it with integrity and passion, no matter what its size.
Free service: meet with a local solicitor
We offer free Will writing services through the National Free Wills Network, a network of over 700 local law firms offering Will writing services to supporters of UK charities. The network aims to have a participating solicitor within 15 miles of every applicant.
To use this service:
- Let us know your full name and address by email.
- The National Free Wills Network will then be in contact by post, with details of local solicitors.
- Choose a solicitor from the list and arrange an appointment.
- Once you've had your meeting, you'll be asked to complete a Confidential Declaration Form where you can tell us if you've included a gift in your Will, but there's absolutely no obligation to do so.
Discounted service: meet with a trained counsellor at a location of your choice
We offer discounted Will writing services through The Goodwill Partnership.
To use this service:
- Visit The Goodwill Partnership website or call them on 0844 669 6148.
- A trained counsellor from the Goodwill Partnership will come to your home or location of choice at a time convenient to you, including evenings and weekends, to take your Will instructions. (This can also be done over the telephone).
- Your Will would then be presented to you by a panel firm of solicitors.
- This home service would usually cost between £250-£450 but just £130 through the Goodwill Partnership.