A cake sale is the perfect way to fundraise from any location. By selling just a few cupcakes you’re making a difference to the lives of those affected.
Take your tasty treats into school, work or invite friends over for tea and cake. You could even ask your friends or colleagues to get involved and show off their skills by creating something delicious for you to sell.
Our top tips for making your bake sale a huge success!
- Be creative – make your stall unique using the location or decorations.
- Offer healthy versions of the classics and include gluten free and vegan options.
- Use The Charity colours.
- Have a well-known figure – your head teacher or sport team’s star player – feature their signature bake and sell at a higher price.
- Have an ‘Ice your own’ section for children to donate and have fun.
- Run competitions like ‘guess the cake weight’ or ‘number of sweets to decorate’ for donations and the winner gets the whole cake!
“In 2019 5 friends and I ran the Paris Marathon for my Auntie Gillian Lee, who was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2015. We decided to hold a bake sale in the University Student Union area. We spread the word via social media but also got our course mates and lecturers to get involved.
The turnout could not have been better, with a number of students, university staff, friends, family and even businesses donating baked cakes. At the end of the day with left over cakes, we approached our local Lloyds Banking Group branch who agreed to purchase them.“
Harry raised £448 from his cake sale which helped towards his Paris Marathon fundraising target.
Holding a bake sale couldn't be simpler – so get on board and raise those spoons to raise some money!Gina and Gary