Less than 2% of all funding into cancer research in the UK is spent on brain tumours. This is not enough to see the improvements that are so desperately needed.
The Brain Tumour Charity is the world’s leading brain tumour charity and the largest dedicated funder of research into brain tumours globally. But we don’t receive any government funding and rely 100% on donations, including gifts in Wills.
“Having had a brain tumour myself and seeing the effects on others, I chose to leave a legacy to The Brain Tumour Charity as I have a great understanding of how much difference my money can make.”
Mary, a solicitor who had a successful operation to remove a brain tumour in 2011.
It’s not just the big gifts that make a difference, small legacies all add up, all making a difference to the lives of those affected:
- £100 could provide 75 families with HeadSmart information making them aware of childhood brain tumours and what to do if they spot the symptoms
- £250 could cover the cost of giving 10 children and their families immediate support and information after diagnosis
- £1,000 could pay for 15 tests to understand the genetic changes associated with development of a brain tumour
Learn more about leaving a gift in your Will
Watch our video for more information on how simple it can be to include a gift to The Brain Tumour Charity in your Will.
If the time comes when you are ready to write or update your Will, you can do so by:
- Requesting a no-obligation, free home visit directly from The Goodwill Partnership
- Contacting The Law Society
- Getting in touch with our team on 01252 237804
Read more about leaving a gift in your will.